[cmake-developers] Improving the version selection behavior of EXACT

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Fri Oct 3 11:53:29 EDT 2014

Brad King wrote:
> On 10/03/2014 08:43 AM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> >> I think FPHSA could be changed to implement the expected behavior for
> >> EXACT
> >
> > If it is acceptable to change FPHSA in that way I can just go for it.
>
> Yes, please try it.

It looks like this line is the culprit:

  if (NOT "${${_NAME}_FIND_VERSION}" VERSION_EQUAL "${VERSION}")

I can solve this in CMake language, but the question is again if it may be
worth solving in the command itself? Meanwhile I'll prepare an implementation
in CMake code, we can replace that with anything better anytime later.

Eike