[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014802]: Add option to find_library to invalidate cache if hints or paths have changed

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Mar 10 16:06:32 EDT 2014

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14802
Reported By:                Gregor Jasny
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14802
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2014-03-10 16:06 EDT
Hello,

in our build system we read the version of precompiled libraries with cmake from
a file. This version and a well-known path suffix form the PATH attribute of the
find_library (and similar) command.
But if the version is gets changed, cmake will be still using the cached entry.

My proposal is to add a parameter that changes the behaviour: Once the hints /
paths, etc. to the find_library call changes, the cached result will be purged.

Currently I'm using a self-written function to achieve this behaviour but I
think it is generic and useful enough to have it provided within cmake itself.

Thanks,
Gregor

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change