[cmake-developers] Weird build error against libc++ on OS X 10.7 (cutting at 1024 characters)

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Jun 24 16:00:47 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 15:23:32 -0400, Brad King wrote:
> If that actually worked on all old stream libraries then we would
> not need GetLineFromStream.  Also GetLineFromStream has a separate
> output argument for indicating whether the line ended in a newline.

The newline parameter isn't hard to reproduce (just use istr.eof() right
after the getline() succeeds), but the sizeLimit parameter is harder :(
. We could hack it up with a custom max_size() method on a custom
std::basic_string subclass, but that sounds awful.

> Yes, please try this.

Mojca, how did you bootstrap cmake to use libc++ and clang? CXX="clang++
-stdlib=libc++"?

I probably won't get to it until Thursday though.

--Ben