[cmake-developers] Sphinx documentation and intersphinx

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jun 19 15:05:34 EDT 2014

On 06/18/2014 11:03 AM, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
> 1) The "objects.inv" file cannot be downloaded from CMake
> documentation[2], therefore I have to generate it and include it in my
> project. Is it possible to make it available?

Done:

 http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/objects.inv

> I have to do something like
>
>   (2) :cmake:module:`module:ModuleName`
[snip]
> This seems to be caused by the targetid in cmake.py that is always
> generated as
>
>   targetid = '%s:%s' % (type, name)

This is necessary to distinguish cmake domain objects of different
types with the same name.  The cross-referencing works correctly
inside CMake's own documentation because both the places that
produce the ids and consume them know the object type and use the
above construction.  You'll have to investigate why that does not
work with intersphinx.