[cmake-developers] [patch] handle RC files as resources

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jun 6 08:42:27 EDT 2014

On 06/06/2014 04:16 AM, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> i've came across, that .rc files are treated as windows resources, but
> not upper-case .RC files. attached patch tries to correct this. it is a
> functional change, though it brings the implementation in line with
> Modules/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake.in and the like.
>
> would be great if someone could review and/or commit it.

The cmSystemTools::GetFileFormat is supposed to have been replaced
by cmSourceFile::GetLanguage and cmGeneratorTarget source classification
logic that uses the tables like that in CMakeCXXCompiler.

The only cmSystemTools::GetFileFormat call site I see left is in
cmQtAutoGenerators::SetupSourceFiles, and that does not care about
RESOURCE_FILE_FORMAT.  In what context does your patch affect anything?