[cmake-developers] CMake generates Makefiles that don't parallelize as much as they could.

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jul 28 10:19:28 EDT 2014

On 07/24/2014 05:47 PM, Nick Overdijk wrote:
> I'm using target_include_directories of A to get some include
> directories into B well, so I can't use
> target_link_libraries(A INTERFACE B),

Can you clarify this with sample code please?

> and I can't seem to use the OBJECT-way neither since B's sources
> won't compile without A's INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES...

Usage requirements were designed with target_link_libraries as
the main way to propagate them, but OBJECT libraries do not allow
use with target_link_libraries.  This is an open problem with the
design of the two features.  See also discussion here:

 http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14970