[cmake-developers] NVidia Nsight Tegra (was: Who does CMake contract work?)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 9 10:02:48 EDT 2014

On 07/08/2014 08:46 AM, Tim Jenks wrote:
> I would also be interested in any information regarding nsight tegra
> solution generation using cmake.
>
> Did anything come of this thread?

We ended up working with NVIDIA directly and have produced a
draft of support for Nsight Tegra with Visual Studio.  It is
still a work in progress but I've attached the current draft
patch series (they apply on master as of 487b6ccd, and perhaps
more recent versions too).  Limitations of the current draft
are documented in patch 0004.

With these patches and NVIDIA Nsight Tegra Visual Studio
Edition installed, new generator variants are available:

 Visual Studio 12 2013 Tegra-Android
 Visual Studio 11 2012 Tegra-Android
 Visual Studio 10 2010 Tegra-Android

A non-default Android NDK toolchain may be selected at the
command-line, e.g.

 cmake -G "Visual Studio 12 2013 Tegra-Android" -T clang-3.4 ...

or using a CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE that sets CMAKE_GENERATOR_TOOLSET.

Feedback is welcome.