[cmake-developers] [patch] Support for swig 3.0

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jul 7 09:22:21 EDT 2014

On 07/07/2014 06:17 AM, Julien Schueller wrote:
> What's the point on renaming it ? installing multiple versions ? what's the point ?
>
> ----- Mail original -----
>> I'm using Debian unstable, SWIG 3.0 is packaged under the 'swig3.0'
>> package. This package provides the '/usr/bin/swig3.0' executable.

This is a very common convention in distro packaging and is supported
by many of our find modules.  FindSWIG already looks for "swig2.0"
so it makes sense to also look for "swig3.0".  I've applied the patch:

 FindSWIG: Add support for swig 3.0 application
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=7400695e