[cmake-developers] configure_file() missing output file regeneration

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 06:55:01 EDT 2014

The output file regeneration introduced in ad502502 and refined by
38571f2c does not seem to work with the visual studio (tested 2010,
reportedly also 2012) and Ninja generators.

I merged the topic "output-tracking" which extends the
RunCMake.configure_file test to find out where it actually does/does not
work.

I have since then found 9465242d which apparently already tried to fix
this for Ninja.

Nils