[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015044]: How to convert existing Visual Studio .targets file to cmake

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Jul 28 11:32:30 EDT 2014

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.gccxml.org/Bug/view.php?id=15044
Reported By:                Ravi Raman
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   15044
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2014-07-28 11:32 EDT
Hello,

We are using CMake 3.0 on Windows. Our main objective is to convert Microsoft
Visual Studio built solution to CMake 3.0 solution.
In the process of doing so, we have come across many Visual Studio targets files
(files with extension .targets) which get included in the Visual Studio project
files (.vcxproj) files.

 For example in a Visual Studio project file , the targets file (test.targets)
gets included as follows:

<Import Project="test.targets" />

 To achieve the same thing, in the CMakeLists file we are using the following
command:

add_custom_targets() with the appropriate target name "test"

Please let us know if this is the correct way to convert existing Visual Studio
.targets files to cmake ?
If this is incorrect, please let us know how to achieve it with a simple
example.

Thanks.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change