[cmake-developers] Avoid installing Sphinx html build files

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jan 28 12:49:05 EST 2014

On 01/28/2014 12:35 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Brad King wrote:
>
>>> Alternatively, consider something like the no-duplicate-install-doc-src
>>> topic in my clone instead.
>>
>> We can't reference the source tree for redistributable docs.
>
> Oh, I didn't intend for that. What about using a relative path?

Since the documentation can be packaged and distributed separately
from the main CMake installation I see no reason to go through the
trouble of de-duplicating installation of these sources.  In the
future we may compile the Help/ resources into some kind of database
that gets installed so that we can do more --help-variable command
line work.  At that point the Sphinx-generated docs won't be able
to reference them.  IMO this is premature optimization.