[cmake-developers] RFC: add version to project() call

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 08:12:20 EST 2014

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Sunday 19 January 2014, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> > This is now in the AddVersionToProjectCommand branch on git stage.
>> >
>> > Please have a close look at it.
>>
>> The documentation is not formatted correctly as rst.
>
> I looked at the generated html file, it seemed to look ok.
> What's wrong with it ?

+# If no VERSION is given, the version number specified via
+# project(... VERSION x.y.z ...) is used. If this hasn't been set, it
errors
+# out.

... to:

 specified via :command:`project(VERSION)`

I didn't look for other problems or opportunities for better docs. I just
noticed that, and it indicates you haven't looked into what can/should be
done with rst yet. I suggest you look for those opportunities.