[cmake-developers] RFC/Review Request: Topic GNUInstallDirs_debian-multiarch-fix

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jan 15 10:27:27 EST 2014

On 01/15/2014 10:11 AM, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
> -    set_property(CACHE CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR PROPERTY VALUE "${_LIBDIR_DEFAULT}")
> +    get_property(_libdir_set CACHE PROPERTY CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR SET)

That should be

 get_property(_libdir_set CACHE CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR PROPERTY TYPE)

Also I realized that __LAST_CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX should be called
_GNUInstallDirs_LAST_CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX since it holds the value
that this *module* last used as CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

Hmm...will this logic work correctly if GNUInstallDirs is included
in more than one place in a project?  The test:

+if(NOT DEFINED CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR
+    OR NOT "${__LAST_CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}" STREQUAL "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}")

should not succeed the second time.  Please verify with manual
testing.  Also this line should be tweaked to not consider the
__LAST_CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX if it is not defined.