[cmake-developers] Change default standard library implementation before used by compiler ?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Jan 14 18:12:08 EST 2014

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:14:44 -0500, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin said:

>For both Slicer and SimpleITK, there is currently no support for the clang
>c++ standard library new implementation [1] that is now used by default on
>Maverick.
>
>It means that we currently expect our users to build the project by passing
>the flag:
> -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_INIT:STRING=-stdlib=libstdc++

That seems like a backwards approach.  Do Slicer and SimpleITK not build against libc++?  If not, what's the reason you want to force libstdc++?

Getting VTK and ITK to build against libc++ was not too much work, I imagine it would not be hard to get Slicer and SimpleITK compiling if they are not already.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com