[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014692]: UseQt4.cmake does not adhere to policy CMP0043

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Jan 10 12:01:29 EST 2014

On Friday, January 10, 2014 11:14:11 AM Brad King wrote:
> On 01/10/2014 11:10 AM, Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> > Well, I was getting those warnings because I was using UseQt4.cmake.
> > I think I was getting it for every target that inherited settings from
> > UseQt4.cmake.
> > So in my case, it is directly related to the bug.
>
> Ahh, okay.  Once UseQt4 is fixed those should go away.
>
> However, did anything point at UseQt4 as the culprit?

Nope.  Not at all.

The file is included like so
INCLUDE(${QT_USE_FILE})

and that inclusion could have been done in the current CMakeLists.txt file, or
by any parent, grand-parent CMakeLists.txt file.

But the error message is emitted by targets that have the property inherited
from the directory scope.

So, there is no indication in the error message what the culprit was.

> Could the
> messages have been collapsed somehow to be less overwhelming (though
> each needs its own stack trace)?  These kinds of things have a great
> impact on user perception.

Having it collapsed would help, but I think its a bigger issue that the
culprit wasn't identified by the error message.

--
Clinton Stimpson
Elemental Technologies, Inc