[cmake-developers] Request to review topic "codelite-ide-generator"

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jan 9 16:15:13 EST 2014

On 01/09/2014 03:39 PM, Eran Ifrah wrote:
> How do I revert a topic? I can't seem to find it on the wiki

There are a few approaches depending on the complexity
of the topic.  It is a bit tricky, especially if there
are merges in the topic.  Explaining all the possibilities
would take too much space for the basic workflow instructions
on the Wiki.  Again, it has been pretty rare that this is
needed.  It was just bad luck that it happened on your first
topic ;)

I reverted the topic from 'next' for you so that you can
merge the rebased topic.  Since it is coming back in as a
brand new topic you can safely squash the fixup changes
back into the original commit before merging to 'next'.

FYI, one approach to revert a simple linear topic from
'next' is to extend the topic with 'git revert' commits
in reverse order.  Merging that to 'next' will undo the
effects of the topic.  Note that 'next' is only for testing
so topics merged to it can contain mis-steps and fixes.
We always clean up topic history if necessary before
merging to 'master'.