[cmake-developers] cmake --help-custom-modules compatibility

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jan 8 14:55:06 EST 2014

On 01/08/2014 01:32 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> From my perspective, that's sort-of the point here... CMake used to
> provide for generating documentation from external modules. Now it
> doesn't. And it seems that KDE is also feeling that pain.

That is the issue that started this thread.  I've invited re-implementation
of the original --help-custom-modules functionality with minimal and
isolated restoration of the old code but no one has stepped forward to
do it.  This would allow external modules using the old simple markup
syntax to be documented again.  It was just a simple text transformation
supporting only prose paragraphs and pre-formatted blocks.