[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014720]: FindBoost handles pthread different on first and second run

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Jan 27 10:27:38 EST 2014

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14720
Reported By:                Arne Nordmann
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14720
Category:                   Modules
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   crash
Date Submitted:             2014-01-27 10:27 EST
Last Modified:              2014-01-27 10:27 EST
When calling the macro find_package(Boost thread), I get different results for
${Boost_LIBRARIES} the first and the second time I execute cmake.

First time, ${Boost_LIBRARIES} contains
'/usr/lib/libboost_thread-mt.so;pthread', the second time, ${Boost_LIBRARIES}
just contains '/usr/lib/libboost_thread-mt.so' (without pthread).

Steps to Reproduce:
Execute the following cmake script twice (also attached):

> project("Test FindBoost")
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
> find_package(Boost REQUIRED thread)
> message(STATUS "Boost_LIBRARIES: ${Boost_LIBRARIES}")

Reproduced on several Ubuntu precise and quantal machines.

Additional Information:
An obvious workaround, calling the find boost macro twice in a cmake script,
doesn't help.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change