[cmake-developers] Target SOURCES and TARGET_OBJECTS

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Feb 17 10:34:42 EST 2014

On 02/15/2014 03:34 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I'd prefer to get it into 3.0 so it can be removed in 4.0
> The chosen string() subcommands would also need to be added
> in 3.0

I announced a feature-freeze for 3.0 preparation a couple weeks ago.
Things were delayed a bit by updating the release infrastructure and
snow storms but we're still done with features for 3.0.

The only reason policies CMP0049 and CMP0050 were accepted is because
they are about removing old backward compatibility behaviors that have
long been out of preferred use, not changes needed for new features.

Please target this for post-3.0 development.