[cmake-developers] VS10-12 generators deserve much more love

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 07:18:37 EST 2014

Dan Cristiu wrote:

> What I wrote in the previous e-mails weren't attempts to influence the
> community or your design plans. Reason why I wrote such a big e-mail was
> to make my intentions to contribute known and get some feedback and
> guidance.

Did you get feedback or guidance? I'm curious to know what you think.

> Currently CMake offers a generator selection plus a completely separate
> and hidden toolset setting.

It is documented in ``cmake --help`` output.

If it doesn't have a place in cmake-gui, that is a separate issue of far
smaller scope. "hidden" is not accurate. Accuracy helps in discussions like
these.

> Don't think anyone though would be happy with having a
> separate CMake that works better for Visual Studio.

Everyone on this list wants a better CMake. You need to catch up with other
discussions on the bug tracker and mailing list in order to contribute.