[cmake-developers] push of LinkOptionsCommand topic branch

Steve Wilson stevew at wolfram.com
Tue Feb 11 16:38:56 EST 2014

On Feb 8, 2014, at 4:10 AM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great, thanks for all of that. I have force-pushed your branch, which means
> you need to do this before proceeding with further work.
>
> 1) Get remote changes, including my change to your branch.
>
> You'll see output comparable to this, where your branch is listed as having
> a forced update:
>
> $ git fetch
> remote: Counting objects: 27, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (10/10), done.
> remote: Total 11 (delta 8), reused 2 (delta 1)
> Unpacking objects: 100% (11/11), done.
> From git://cmake.org/cmake
>  + 74c3875...31b4965 gcc-ipo    -> origin/gcc-ipo  (forced update)
>    53cffda..d582809  master     -> origin/master
>    3283439..930141d  next       -> origin/next
>

> You can run
>
> gitk 74c3875...31b4965
>
> on any of the ranges on the left to see the old and new branch in one view.
>
> 2)
>
> git checkout LinkOptionsCommand
>
> 3) Assuming you still have no local changes,
>
> git reset --hard origin/LinkOptionsCommand

> The command
> git diff 0a4b066..b8782eb

My apologies for the delay.  I have been side tracked in some other work.    Perhaps I’m misunderstanding these directions but when I fetch the updates from stage, I don’t get any modified commits.    I got the (forced update) message, but when I do the checkout followed by the reset —hard, all I get is the same set of commits that I had before.