[cmake-developers] Request for review of topic "intel-visibility"

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 12:50:38 EST 2014

On 07.02.2014 17:33, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Does intel on windows have separate gcc-like and msvc-like modes?

As far as I know it tries to act like gcc on OSX and Linux and like cl
on Windows.
If there is a flag to switch between the two modes then I am not aware
of it.

The compiler option documentation generally refers to "Linux and OS X" /
"Windows" rather than gcc/cl which implies that they don't think in
those terms either.

> Alex also adjusted the intel handling of -isystem today.

At least according to some random version documentation -isystem is only
supported on OS X / Linux (Which should mean that Alex could extend it
to OS X at least?):
http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/stdxe/2013/composerxe/compiler/fortran-win/GUID-E7004240-CFCA-47E0-B286-7C0148A10900.htm

> Does that work if
> the direct preprocessor flag "-Wp,-isystem,"

I can't find -Wp or an equivalent in the documentation

Nils