[cmake-developers] push of LinkOptionsCommand topic branch

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 17:36:34 EST 2014

Steve Wilson wrote:
> I’m not trying to push for this type of test of using libraries with
> target_link_options or add_link_options. (I’m already working on changes
> on the order that you suggested).   My question has evolved more into the
> question of ‘what are first principles for tests?'

I don't think the cmake community has an enforced answer to that question.

For me personally, I prefer to avoid practices which I would discourage in
documentation.

It is not unusual for me to look at the tests of a project which I'm trying
to understand better, and generally tests which are doing things which
"shouldn't" be done are marked as such and are outnumbered by tests which do
things which should be done.

So, that's what I'd encourage and why, but it's not a hard requirement for
CMake contributions.