[cmake-developers] Documenting command signatures

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 3 17:26:26 EST 2014

On 2014-02-03 14:44, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Additionally, sphinx is not the only tool processing the rst. The kate
> editor also does syntax highlighting of the blocks. It should (but currently
> does not) highlight the 'invalid' cmake code as invalid.

I guess you mean that in a '..code-block:: cmake' block, kate should
apply the CMake HL rules? (What about other languages; I guess the same
argument would apply to e.g. C++, Python, etc?)

(Or do you mean that the CMake HL also doesn't mark the previous example
as invalid? ...which it doesn't.)

> Additionally, it is not actually valid cmake code.

While true, I think (Brad or someone can correct me if I'm wrong) the
point is to support CMake reST extensions (automatic linking?) in the block.

--
Matthew