[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014763]: Add target properties to specify MS compiler PDB files

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Feb 18 09:58:34 EST 2014

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14763
Reported By:                Brad King
Assigned To:                Brad King
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14763
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2014-02-18 09:58 EST
Last Modified:              2014-02-18 09:58 EST
As reported in issue http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14062 and documented
in more detail in http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14600, compiler PDB files
are different from linker PDB files.  The issues were resolved by removing the
influence of PDB_NAME and PDB_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY target properties on the /Fd flag
of "cl" so that we do not specify the same file as both the compiler and linker
program databases.

However, for static libraries there is no linker program database so the
compiler program database becomes more important.  We need new target properties
to control the compiler program database location:

 COMPILE_PDB_NAME
 COMPILE_PDB_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY[_<CONFIG>]

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change