[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014757]: Reduce output of install step

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Sun Feb 16 14:36:00 EST 2014

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Kevin Burge
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14757
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2014-02-16 14:36 EST
Last Modified:              2014-02-16 14:36 EST
My install installs thousands of files. This means I see thousands of lines of
"up to date" messages whenever I change a single file.  After switching to Ninja
on Linux and Windows (which really reduces the amount of output), this really
stands out even more as completely unnecessary.

I have patched my CMake to not display any "Up to date" messages. When you
build, you don't receive thousands of .cpp.o files being "up to date", so why
would the install step be special?

I've attached my patch for your review.  At the very least, it would be nice if
this could be made optional (to see all the up-to-date messages).

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change