[cmake-developers] Double build entries generated for Qt resource file

Micha Hergarden micha.hergarden at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 03:23:17 EST 2014

Hello all,

The latest cmake versions from the git tree seem to trigger an odd
problem in my build. This is my configuration:
Ubuntu 12.10
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1) 4.7.2
GNU Make 3.81 / Ninja 1.4.0.git

Qt sdk 4.7.4

I have a project which uses Qt. When I generate the buildsystem, then
multiple buildrules appear for the Qt resource file. The rules are for
the same resource file (I only use one), but for different suffixes:
qrc_*.cxx
qrc_*.cpp

During the build the qrc_*.cxx file gets generated, but not the
qrc_*.cpp. This leads to missing dependencies and failing builds. This
behaviour appears in the output for the Make generator and the Ninja
generator. I have not tested other generators.

I have checked out and build the most recent versions to figure out when
this phenomena is introduced, and have narrowed it down to the following
commit :
4b989d5f158e5135bf543438af00b03db0102ade

My questions:
- I anyone else running into this?
- Is this new behaviour intended?
- If so, what must I change to my scripts to get my build working again?
- If not, what can I do to help resolve it?

Please let me know if more information is needed.

With kind regards,
Micha Hergarden