[cmake-developers] DragNDrop: Easier custom dmg layouts

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 10:58:12 EST 2014

This looks pretty reasonable to me. From Rob's initial email, I
thought it sounded like there was some sort of backward compatibility
problem, but looking through the code, it seems like everything should
all work the same for projects that aren't changing..... Was I
misunderstanding about backwards compatibility, or am I missing
something?

And although I haven't built it or run it myself yet, I trust that if
the DMG produced for CMake looks good, that people can model their own
code after CMake's own code to achieve better looking DMG installers.

Personally, I am stuck on what I consider to be a very old Mac right
now. It's a mini from ~2007-2008, and it's stuck running 10.6. I use
it only when I absolutely have to (i.e. for virtually nothing) because
it's so much slower than other machines I use. My point with
mentioning this at all is to encourage you to drop support entirely
for <10.6 at this point. (i.e. -- put this topic back in 'next' and
retire those old Macs... they're tired... :-)

Nice work, Rob.

Thanks,
David C.