[cmake-developers] Minimal compiler requirements for CMake itself

Daniel Pfeifer daniel at pfeifer-mail.de
Thu Dec 18 07:23:38 EST 2014

Hi,

I would like to know what the oldest versions of GCC and Visual Studio are
that should be able to compile the CMake source code. I was unable to find
any information about that.

I expected the oldest supported version of Visual Studio to be 6.0, but
that one fails to build CMake.

Don't get me wrong. I would not be unhappy if building CMake required the
latest and greatest compilers and language features. I just want to know
which compilers I need to be support when I contribute code.

cheers, Daniel