[cmake-developers] Volunteering to maintain a new module: FindGSL.cmake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Dec 17 11:02:10 EST 2014

On 12/16/2014 01:36 PM, Thompson, KT wrote:
> I also reverted a recent change by replacing GSL_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE
> with GSL_CONFIG to remain consistent with the naming conventions
> of PkgConfig.cmake.

The convention is for libraries to be FOO_LIBRARY and executables
to be FOO_EXECUTABLE.  PkgConfig is an exception for historical
reasons.  I updated the patch for you to use GSL_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE.

> The updated FindGSL.cmake is attached.

Thanks.  I've applied it and merged for testing:

 FindGSL: Add module to find the GNU Scientific Library
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=1b28e3b2

I also fixed repeat inclusion with:

-if( GSL_FOUND )
+if( GSL_FOUND AND NOT TARGET GSL::gsl )

> I also created a simple test for the new module (see attached FindGSL.tgz).

I created a test based on that, thanks.  I chose to use just

+  if(CMake_TEST_FindGSL)
+    add_subdirectory(FindGSL)
+  endif()

so that the build of CMake itself does not try to search for a
library CMake does not need (this needs to be fixed up for a few
other find module tests, but that is not your problem).  Therefore
in your dashboard script please add:

 set( dashboard_cache "CMake_TEST_FindGSL:BOOL=ON")