[cmake-developers] [DISCUSSION] Using COMPONENTs for CMake install(...)?

Konstantin Podsvirov konstantin at podsvirov.pro
Tue Dec 9 17:03:29 EST 2014

09.12.2014, 23:48, "Brad King" <brad.king at kitware.com>:
> On 12/9/2014 1:39 PM, Konstantin Podsvirov wrote:
>>> That looks good, except that "cmake/ctest/cpack" must all be in
>>> one component.
>> specify whether the component is required and can be specified as
>> any of the components referenced by this component.
>
> I suppose they can be separate components as long as all three are
> required. We already separate the "data" component but it is also
> required. Only cmake-gui, ccmake, and the documentation components
> are optional.

Well. Leave them as separate components and make mandatory.

The data now includes subfolders Help, Modules and Templates.
Why are Help (the rst set of files)? As they are used after installation?

>> I want to clarify: sphinx-man is the documentation that must be
>> installed together with tools in Linux?
>
> No, my comments on that were just to distinguish our use case from
> Debian's policy. I think sphinx-man can be just like sphinx-html
> except for covering the man-format documentation.

It is understandable.

>> where can I get NAME and DESCRIPTION for each component?
>
> Once we identify the final set of components I can help draft the
> description text for them.

Thank you.

> Thanks,
> -Brad

There are a series of resources that have not been specified.
Please look at the files in the folder:

http://ifw.podsvirov.pro/cmake/dev/unspecified/

What components to include these files?

For example, files with different licenses?

And yet. In addition to the list of components must be approved and the list of groups.

Regards,
Konstantin Podsvirov