[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015258]: 3.0.2-3.1rc2: _IMPORT_PREFIX always used even if absolute paths are in use - thus breaking build

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Dec 8 14:45:12 EST 2014

On 12/08/2014 02:38 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
>> On Monday 08 of December 2014, Mantis Bug Tracker wrote:
>>> I added a new diagnostic to recognize this in CMake 3.2.
>>
>> Could you point me to commit, so I'll try to backport?
>
> You should wait until it is in master, so there's no stable commit to point
> you to yet. The details of messages etc are being tweaked.

The full change involves a new diagnostic and a new policy.  Neither
will be considered for backport to 3.1 upstream.  Packagers should
not backport the new policy but could potentially backport the new
warning-only diagnostic if the topic were organized to add the warning
first and policy/error in a separate commit.