[cmake-developers] target_compile_features remaining issues

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Apr 30 09:58:41 EDT 2014

On 04/22/2014 08:51 AM, Brad King wrote:
> We just need another interface to specify that the standard
> request is a strict requirement.
[snip]
> for projects that have this requirement it is better to fail
> due to a missing setting in CMake than work accidentally and fail later
> when CMake is updated.
[snip]
> Perhaps another boolean property like CXX_STANDARD_REQUIRED would work.

Please extend the decay-language-version topic to add this option
and associated documentation.  We need to make sure users are
aware that to be fully future-proof they need to use the
CXX_STANDARD_REQUIRED interface.  Then projects can decide how
gracefully they want to decay language support.