[cmake-developers] Please restore --help-full cmake option for version 3

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Apr 24 15:15:53 EDT 2014

On 04/24/2014 03:01 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> If there isn't currently a .rst file somewhere to concatenate all the
> various documentation together with appropriate headings and table of
> contents, this would probably be a good thing to add. (And then it could
> be leveraged for --help-full.)

Help/index.rst is exactly this.  It's what generates the top-level
help page for html.  Our cmRST class we use to process .rst files
for the --help options is capable of starting there and traversing
the entire toctree.  Also the Sphinx 'singlehtml' builder can be
used to produce all documents in a single html file.

I had a work-in-progress topic left from back when I did the
documentation conversion to restore --help-full with index.rst
and add the Sphinx singlehtml option, but forgot about it.
I'm reviving it now.