[cmake-developers] Please restore --help-full cmake option for version 3

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 08:35:39 EDT 2014

On 04/24/2014 02:17 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> I also just discovered that --help-man and --help-html were gone as
> well for those who preferred man or html formatting of the full
> documentation as opposed to the ascii form delivered by --help-full.
> The latter is the most important to me and is presumably the easiest
> to implement, but I am sure others prefer the man page or html formats
> instead so I hope CMake developers will deal with those cases as well.

The documentation is now generated by Sphinx (http://sphinx-doc.org/)
rather than CMake itself.

The man and html documentation (also "plain text" but not single file
and not installed) can be generated when building CMake itself.

The current html version of CMake git master e.g. looks like this:
	http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/git-master/

So even though the cmake binary can no longer generate the html and
manpage documentation itself it is still available.

Nils