[cmake-developers] cmake --find-package

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 23 17:19:05 EDT 2014

On 2014-04-23 16:21, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> [...] I keep making a plea for a proper fix to bug 9220 because
> propagating compiler information (held potentially in a large number
> of different environment variables and CMake variables for many
> different computer languages) from the principal CMake project to the
> test project is somewhat problematic.

This sounds like it would be relevant to external projects, also. Does
this include propagating compile/link flags?

A better and more "canned" solution to the problem of propagating tools
and flags in general (e.g. from a superbuild project to its
external_project 'children') would be most welcome...

(That said... bonus points for allowing at least compile/link flags to
be overridden per sub-project; I have at least one instance where I need
this ability, in order to specify strict warning flags "generally" that
need to be disabled for a specific sub-project.)

--
Matthew