[cmake-developers] Bug in Visual Studio generators

Josh Green inbilla at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 21:05:39 EDT 2014

> There is a second call site to ConvertPath and that caller needs
> to get the same result as WriteSources gets.  I think your original
> proposal to teach ConvertPath to call cmLocalGenerator::Convert with
> optional == true may be the simplest solution.

Ah yes, I see that.
Well, in that case, it makes sense for it to be consistently defined
inside ConvertPath...

So, we could call "cmLocalGenerator::Convert" with the adjusted optional value..
Or we could just return the original file path in there...

If we use the LocalGenerator::Convert, then at least the behaviour is
still configurable using CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS

But I don't really have an opinion for/against either solution..

Cheers

Josh