[cmake-developers] target_compile_features remaining issues

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Thu Apr 10 03:28:49 EDT 2014

Am 08.04.2014 11:43, schrieb Stephen Kelly:
> Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
>
>>> Of course, it is easier to get features into the
>>> CMAKE_CXX_KNOWN_FEATURES
>>> list when there is only one compiler to test for on the dashboard.
>>> I'll
>>> add one C++98 feature to establish the infrastructure, but I don't
>>> intend
>>> to be exhaustive about C++98 features. If you or anyone else has an
>>> interest in doing so, I'd recommend getting them in early.
>>
>> Cool. I think it would be good to get the stuff that is enabled by the
>> "-AA +hpxstd98" calls on HP-UX 11i into such a feature so we can make
>> the
>> "complex" testcase just select whatever is needed automatically
>> instead of
>> fiddling around to get the magic flags getting passed into that test
>> make the C++ compiler behave like something useful.
>
> Ok, I don't know anything about the features or flags of that compiler.
>
> What features do you have in mind to add?

Working <iostream> (IIRC), or anything in std namespace. Basically it
looks like the old HP compiler needs +hpxstd98 as compile flag to behave
like a C++98 compiler at all, likely because that compiler line is
indeed older than 1998 and that simply is not the default as for later
versions of that compiler. And the -AA flag is also needed for, uhm,
something, at least CMake doesn't build without it.

Eike