[cmake-developers] [CMake] [ANNOUNCE] CMake 3.0-rc3 now ready for testing!

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Apr 9 14:48:53 EDT 2014

On 2014-03-26 13:22-0400 Robert Maynard wrote:

> I am proud to announce the CMake 3.0 third release candidate.

With some trepidation (because of the possibility of backwards
incompatibilities, and the usual concerns about "*.0" releases), I
gave it a try.

The bootstrap build worked with no issues on Linux.

That cmake executable was then used to configure a successful build
and test of PLplot with no obvious issues other than some "project
developer" warnings about using the LOCATION target property which had
no practical effect on the results but which I will address later for
the PLplot build system to squelch those warnings.  That's a pretty
good test result since PLplot is an intermediate-sized project with
lots of dependencies which uses most CMake facilities.

Please don't forget http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=14318
for the final 3.0 release.  That bug report includes the fix which is
a simple patch to ExternalProject.cmake that allows that module to
deal with tar.xz archives (which are becoming quite common
these days).

In sum, aside from the simple 14318 bug fix which should have been
applied some time ago, CMake-3.0 is looking pretty good from my
perspective, and I would like to thank the development team for their
efforts.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin