[cmake-developers] CPack BAR package generator

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 10:44:08 EDT 2013

2013/9/20 Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com>:
> Stephen Kelly <steveire at ...> writes:
>>  https://gitorious.org/~steveire/cmake/steveires-cmake
>>
>> It is the start of a CPack generator for BlackBerry BAR packages, required
>> for deployment to those devices. I haven't worked much with CPack before, so
>> I'd appreciate some feedback even at this early point.
>>

> Eric, and response to this?

I'm looking at it right now.

1) You lack at least a CPackBAR.cmake in which you should put
   the documentation for each CPACK_BAR_xx specific variable usage.
   Have a look at CPackWIX.cmake or CPackRPM.cmake etc....

   You can check if it's working with:
   cpack --help-variable CPACK_BAR_xx

2) You shouldn't do

   add_custom_target(bbpackage
       COMMAND ${CMAKE_CPACK_COMMAND} -G BAR
       )

but

    set(CPACK_GENERATOR "BAR")

then "make package" or "cpack" with no args in the build tree should
biuld a BAR package.
see cpack --help-variable CPACK_GENERATOR

   3) Depending on how much flexibility you want you may chose to do
some of the work
       inside a CMake script like CPackRPM.cmake does or do all you want to do
       inside the C++ code (cmCPackBARGenerator::PackageFiles) like
NSIS or DEB does.
       Offering some trap in your CPackBAR.cmake may ease

   4) You should obviously have some tests for it. (<CMakeSource>/Tests/CPack*)
         4.1) ensure that CPackTestAllGenerators/ works
                and may be CPackComponents/
CPackComponentsForAll/  as well.

         4.2) develop BAR specific test like for CPackWiXGenerator/

I do not have the time to do a test build yet, but I'll try.

> Thanks,
>
> Steve.
>
> --
>
> Powered by www.kitware.com