[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014426]: Inconsistent Command Case Confuses

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Sep 19 13:30:18 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14426
Reported By:                Rob Stewart
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14426
Category:                   Documentation
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   text
Date Submitted:             2013-09-19 13:30 EDT
The "commands" section of the documentation lists the commands in all lower
case, but many (most?) mentions of one command in the description of another use
all upper case.  Even that isn't consistent.  For example, the documentation of
add_custom_command() refers to add_custom_target() using lower case letters, but
the reverse is not true.

I suggest choosing one case for all references to the commands.  I also suggest
adding empty parentheses, as I've done in this description, to all command
references.  That will distinguish them from variable references (even when case
might otherwise be construed as sufficient).

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change