[cmake-developers] Interface library test failures with VS60

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Sep 13 13:52:13 EDT 2013

On 09/13/2013 07:21 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>  http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=3027577
>
> shows some failures which I can't reproduce as I don't have VS6. Can you
> help finding/fixing the problem?

Not enough of the VS generators is turned off for interface targets
and the VS 6 generator crashes on them.

Here is a fix to totally drop interface targets from the generation:

 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=52ed980d

Most of this change will need to be reverted when support for the
equivalent of "make iface" is added to the VS generators, but for
now I'm not sure how that should work anyway.