[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014403]: Add an option to specify Visual Studio solution name

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Sep 12 20:36:33 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14403
Reported By:                Cedric Perthuis
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14403
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2013-09-12 20:36 EDT
I haven't found how to specify the Visual Studio solution name. If it isn't
supported, would it possible to add a variable for that?
Maybe it applies for other IDEs as well.

I saw a discussion about why it shouldn't be necessary and the last project name
should be picked, but somehow the solution name ends up being "Project".
Well for clarity when working with several solutions opened at the same time, it
would be nice to be able to define this.

In the meantime, I'll create a wrapper which will change the visual studio name
after CMake runs, but it's not ideal.

Thanks,
Cedric

Issue History