[cmake-developers] CPack generators for IPS (Solaris 11), depot (HPUX), etc.

Magnus Johansson magnus.johansson at foxt.com
Tue Sep 10 05:27:41 EDT 2013

I am wondering if anyone has experimented with generators for:

IPS, Image Packaging System (Solaris >= 11)
PKG (Solaris <= 10)
Depot (HPUX)
RPM (for AIX)

As far as I can see there is no support for these. I thought RPM for AIX
would be easy, but my first try failed since the rpmbuild command did
not exist on my AIX machines. I will investigate this further, but I am
curious if anyone has successfully built RPMs for AIX.

I would also like to know what kind of effort is involved in writing a
new generator. I had a brief look at the source code for the RPM
generator, and it seemed fairly straight forward, but I would like some
input from someone who has actually written a generator.

--
Magnus Johansson
Developer, Fox Technologies