[cmake-developers] Cross compiling toolchain variables

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 10:04:42 EDT 2013

Brad King wrote:

> These folks should try the CMake 2.8.12 release.  It added these:
>
> OS X: Search system SDKs for frameworks
> http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=1fce189e
>
> OS X: Enable command-line build without tools in PATH
> http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=03ab170f
>
> which taught CMake how to search for things in the system SDK

I think there is a bug here. The paths you added are ignored if I set
NO_DEFAULT_PATH. It seems to me that _CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT_PATH should be
treated as a root path - controlled by NO_CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH, not by
NO_DEFAULT_PATH. This is the source of the Qt bug report, I think.

The CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH entries are searched even if NO_DEFAULT_PATH is
specified. That is also the behavior of CMAKE_SYSROOT and if
CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT is to be merged/made obsolete by CMAKE_SYSROOT, then the
behavior should be the same in CMake 2.8.12.1.