[cmake-developers] Major.Minor version install directories

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Oct 25 15:31:45 EDT 2013

On Friday 25 October 2013, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Brad King wrote:
> > FYI, I keep my test install tree below my build directory
> >
> > and wipe it out before the next install:
> >  rm -rf $whatever_you_call_the_prefix
> >  make install
>
> That doesn't work for me because my qtbase prefix is where I install qtbase
> dev branch and other Qt repos (also dev branch), cmake (master, a topic or
> whatever version I need to test the Qt cmake files with), some KDE stuff
> and some KDAB stuff.

I have a directory full of different versions of cmake next to each other,
<prefix>/cmake-2.4.5/ ... <prefix>/cmake-2.8.12/, and next to it
<prefix>/cmake-HEAD/, so they are always cleanly separated and can be deleted
without problems.
Just for cmake you don't need to set any prefixes, just calling the one I need
with the full path has always worked for me.

Alex