[cmake-developers] Cross compiling toolchain variables

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 09:23:34 EDT 2013

Brad King wrote:

> Great!  Here are some comments.
>
> The CMAKE_<LANG>_COMPILER_TARGET variable needs documentation added,
> especially to say that it is only supported in a toolchain file.
> CMAKE_<LANG>_COMPILER_EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN needs documentation too.

I think that the FindCUDA-arm-5.5 topic just merged to stage could also make
use of CMAKE_<LANG>_COMPILER_TARGET. I don't know anything about CUDA or
about NVCC, but --target-cpu-architecture looks to me like it solves the
same problem as the clang and qcc case.

I didn't find any pre-existing *TARGET_CPU* or *CPU_ARCH* in the CMake code.