[cmake-developers] Perforce Patch for CTest

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Oct 24 16:01:47 EDT 2013

On 10/24/2013 03:57 PM, Pedro Navarro wrote:
> That's right, p4 usually doesn't create a .p4 file

I think it is fine for the test to not place .p4 files
since that is representative of real use cases.

> Ideally each VCS implementation could have a way to tell
> CTest if a directory it's under that specific VCS control
> or not, that way we could execute whatever p4 commands we
> wanted inside cmCTestP4 and return true if the source
> directory is being managed by p4.

I think that would be a great way to refactor DetectVCS.
It would avoid putting VCS-tool-specific knowledge (the
directory name) in the main class.  The existing classes
for other tools would just look for its control directory
and P4 could run the tool.