[cmake-developers] CTest: Request review of topic "ctest-fix-run-serial"

Casey Goodlett casey.goodlett at kitware.com
Wed Oct 23 13:28:47 EDT 2013

Bill and Nils,

I tried this on my large test suite under linux, and it seems to work.  I
checked that the serial tests in my suite were still run alone (although in
my particular setup that happened to already occur).  I also did not notice
any violation of the RESOURCE_LOCK constraints which are also present in my
suite.

I get reduced overall runtime as this change seems to do a better job of
getting the dependent tests run early.  I did not evaluate this enough to
make a quantitative statement.

Does this change the logic to run previously failed tests first or was that
already the case?  I am not sure whether or not this is a better behavior.
 Can running failed tests first be considered a separate modification
rather than part of the fix to running serial?

Looks like a good change overall.

Thank you

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>wrote:

> On 10/23/2013 3:53 AM, Nils Gladitz wrote:
>
>> Hello Bill,
>>
>> Would you approve a merge of the topic into next?
>> Who else should I be asking for approval?
>> e.g. is there a CTest specific maintainer?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
> I am traveling right now at our NC Kitware office.  There is someone there
> that has a complicated system he wanted to try your changes on. He should
> be able to get to that today.  He also did some work on this issue in the
> past.  As soon as we try it with that code, we can merge it to next.
>  Thanks for the work, and sorry for the slow response.
>
> -Bill
>
> --
>
> Powered by www.kitware.com
>
> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/**