[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014506]: cmake doesn't build on my ARM system, can't find external libraries

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Oct 23 02:53:34 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14506
Reported By:                Harald Becker
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14506
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   crash
Date Submitted:             2013-10-23 02:53 EDT
cmake build fails always with a message, it can't find an external library.
Usually this is ZLIB, but if I fiddle with FindZLIB (Insert name of Library),
then it fails on next package, which is Curl. And so on.

The problem seams to be the cmake function Find_Library. It does not find
external library names without adding explicit ".so" extension to list of
searched name.

On my x86 Box this works correct, only on my ARM it neglects to build, so it may
be a problem with setting up system names or detecting system.

This was also true in 2.8.10 and 2.8.11.1/2.

Steps to Reproduce:
Gentoo standard build with native armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueapi toolchain.

Let me know what information you need for debugging. The ARM system is not my
mail system, so I need to transfer information.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change